What is an investments?
- Whenever we use our money for the purpose of earning income or profit in the future, this use of money is called investment. For example- if we buy a house for the purpose that we get income by renting it, then the money used to buy the house is called INVESTMENTS.
- An investments is the purchasing of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
- Investment is a method of purchasing assets in order to gain profit in the form of (interest, dividends, or rentals).
- The financial statement means that in our balance sheet, the investment is placed in the property column, thus we can say that INVESTMENTS is our assets from which we get income.
- Investing is a process in itself and in other words, if any asset which is the future, the process of buying in order to earn income or profit is investing.
Friends, this blog post will talk about all kinds of questions related to investment and investment, which a common man wants to know,
do you know? All of us in the world can earn money only and only in these four ways,
And there are four ways –
1. As a Businessman–
The owner of a very large company, which has a business that works on the system, and even if it is not the owner, the company works perfectly. So we know this type of work by the name of the business.
2. As a Employee–
An employee is a person who was hired by an employer to do a specific job. The employee is hired as an employer and an employee in his / her selection after the results of an application and interview process. This selection occurs after the employer is the most qualified of their applicants to get the job for which they are hiring. Example- Private Job, Government Job
3. As a Self Employed-
A self-employed person is a person who earns a living by working for himself, not as an employee of someone else nor as the owner (shareholder) of the corporation.
4. As a Investor–
Any kind of investor, who earns income by investing money in an investment,
Whichever you are, you can be one of these four, if you are among the first two, as 90% of the people of this world are, then you are earning only ACTIVE INCOME,
And if you fall in the First and fourth category, then you are undoubtedly a very rich man because people in this category earn PASSIVE INCOME, these people do not work for money, but money works for them.
Types of investment
The investment which provides you the security of the principal amount at lower risk and gives return less than 10% per annum. There may be a lock-in period associated with a kind of investment.
When you withdraw your amount before the maturity date, then an organization will charge up to 1% to 2% in interest or dividend amount
Some secured investment is written below
a. Bank Deposits (Fixed Deposits & Recurring Deposits)
b. Post Office & Other Saving Schemes
c. Debentures & Corporate Deposits
d. Provident Fund
f. National Saving Certificates (NSC)
g. Mutual Funds (secured)
In this type of investment return and risk both are very high compared to secured investment:
The following investments occur under this category
a. Equity Funds
b. Commodity Funds
c. Currency Markets
e. Mutual Funds (Growth & Balanced)
The remaining investment occurs under this category. These are not as risky as unsecured investments and as safe as secured investments. You require bigger amounts to enter in this category.
The following investments occur under this category
c. Live Stocks, etc.
Where to Invest Money for Good Returns in India？
Inflation will keep eating your money year after year. So you need to invest in such investment where can get a better return than inflation.
The current average inflation rate of India lies between 4% to 7%.
|S.No.||Investment product||Interest rate|
|1||Secured investment: |
Bank Deposits, Post office& Other saving Schemes, Provident fund, Corporate Deposits, Bonds, National Saving Certificates (NSC), Mutual funds (secured)
|Low risk (3% to 15%)|
Bank Deposits- 3% to 8%National Saving Scheme- 8%Mutual funds- up to 15%Post office- up to 9%
|2|| Unsecured investment:|
Equity funds, Commodity Funds, Currency Markets, Mutual Funds (Growth & Balanced)
Negative to unlimited
High risk and high return
Gold, Property, Live Stocks, etc.
Return- No any surety
Commercial paper : Highes and secured returnable Investments
10 Important points related to Commercial paper (CPs Investments)
- Commercial paper is an unsecured money market instrument issued in the form of a promissory note.
- Commercial paper is a short term debt fund.
- CPs are a closed-ended type of debt instrument.
- Very less documentation required between issuer and investor.
- CPs fall in money market mutual funds.
- CPs have a minimum maturity of 7 days and a maximum of up to 1 year from the date of issue.
- Not allowed to invest less than 5 lakh.
- They are high liquidity.
- The minimum credit rating shall be A-2 as per SEBI guidelines. Other credit rating agencies are CRISIL, CARE, FITCH, etc.
- Companies, Including non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and All India financial institutions (AIFIs), are eligible to issue CPs.
Difference between Bank fixed deposit and Corporate deposit (Investments)
|Bank Fixed deposits||Corporate fixed deposits|
|1-Low interest rate (5% to 7.5%)||1-High interest rate (7% to 10%)|
|2- The minimum time horizon for these deposits is 7 days.||2-Minimum the time horizon for FD. is 6 months.|
|3-Low risk compares to corporate FD..||3-High risk compares to bank FD..|
|4-Return is taxable on behalf of tax rull||4-Return is taxable on behalf of tax rull|
|5-Premature withdrawal charges up to 1%||5-Premature withdrawal is not allowed up to 3-6 months but some case when customer withdrawal there amount then company charges by customer up to 2-3%|
|6-Bank FD. issued by the bank||6-Corporate FD. are issued by the company|
|7-Example HDFC Bank, SBI Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, etc.||7-Bajaj finance, Mahindra Finance, DHFL, etc|
If you want to open Demat and trading account, you can open by clicking on below links
Thank you for reading our post, God bless you all
IF YOU LIKE OUR POST, THEN SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVE, IT GIVES US A LOT OF COURAGE.